Friday, October 11, 2013

Down the Rabbit Hole


 
I was sitting with my daughter watching Alice in Wonderland when a big light bulb went off and hit me upside my head.  This has got to be one of the best transitions scenes I can think of.  What a better way to transition from the reality of Alice's real world to the crazy world of wonderland then to have her fall down some crazy abyss in which her dress plays a parachute and slows her down enough to take in all the wild things passing her by. 
My husband and I have gotten into weird conversations about parallel universes and this to me is the insight into what that means for Alice.  I wonder if I came across the rabbit hole if I would want to venture down it and see my own parallel universe?  Would you?

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a brave person, but I would definitely enter into another dimension or universe if I found a rabbit whole! This is an excellent example of an interesting transition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unfortunately refuse to enter any mysterious holes in the ground! Lol...but that is because I tend to be a cause and effect type thinker. So I'd stand next to the hole thinking of what could possibly happen. Then I'd call my sister, because she takes more risk than I do, and tell her to climb down the hole and report her findings :) Anywho, this is a great transition that I would have missed if it wasn't for this class and you of course! .
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I can honestly say that I would be having this internal dialogue for like a week deciding if I would go down the rabbit hole or not. I do subscribe somewhat to the mantra about curiosity killing the cat but satisfaction bringing him back and all but this is just too claustrophobic for me or something. I do like the idea of sending my sister first however. LOL! - Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I am curious and I would follow that white rabbit. I love the way that Alice gets in there and meets new and strange people. Alice easily adjusts to her surroundings and the countless changes along the way. I would love to have an adventure like that! I found it interesting that you selected a cartoon for the transition example. That makes me like it even more! - Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I have always been told that I am a rather inquisitive soul so I probably would find myself thrown into an alternate dimension. Although, crawling into a tiny rabbit hole would be rather difficult being the giant I am. You picked a great transition scene. I never would have thought of this.

    - Brooke

    ReplyDelete